Development approvals

How do I change my development approval?
28 April 2021

Under the Planning Act 2016 there are two ways a development approval can be amended or changed. The processes are either a "minor change" or an "other change.

What having services on your site means for property owners
27 October 2020

Properties can have services on the site that are not under the control of the owner. Examples of this include power, gas, water, stormwater and sewerage infrastructure.

When you can get town planning approval under an old (superseded) planning scheme
24 August 2020

Planning schemes change infrequently but when they do landowners can get caught out. The Planning Act has a mechanism that may allow a development to be assessed under the old scheme.

The difference between a strata title and a land subdivision
19 June 2020

Land can be physically subdivided, which is typically referred to as a subdivision, or a building can be divided into lots and this is commonly referred to as “strata titling”.

What is a combined drain?
5 March 2020

If your house is connected to a combined drain you need to be aware of limitations for any renovations you may plan.

Subdividing land into small lots in Brisbane
16 February 2020

Brisbane City Council allows different lot sizes dependent on your zoning.

How a town planner can save you money
23 January 2020

Whilst the DIY attitude might get you across the line in some instances, there are a lot of times when engaging consultants can end up saving you money in the long run.

How long does a development approval last?
21 December 2019

A guide on how long a DA lasts based on the Planning Act.

site yield.png
Why you can't get a straight answer on site yield
30 August 2019

One of the most common queries we receive is how many apartments, units or townhouses can be built on a site. There are a number of factors that can influence site yield.

What is a water approval and do you need one?
29 July 2019

If the water and sewerage network is not council controlled a water approval is required for most developments.